Translate

Saturday, November 2, 2013

GREATEST STEP TO EMOTIONAL FREEDOM

 FORGIVENESS

Some of us are burdened with hurts and emotional pain, brought on us by someone else. I think that today is a good day to free ourselves of all the pain and hurt through forgiveness.

Forgiveness is not an easy journey it is a process, but we can make the choice because it benefits us more than the offender. 

Forgiveness is a choice not an emotion. It is our right to give up our negative thoughts and consequences to the offender. Remember vengeance is unto God. When we give up our right then it is all in God's hands.

I must say forgiveness is:

  • Not forgetting (only God choose to remember no more)

  • Not reconciliation (un-forgiveness blocks the possibility though)

  • Not condoning the wrong

  • Does not restores trust (trust has to be earned)

  • Not perpetuating injustice (we should leave continuous abuse behind). We have to set boundaries

  • Forgiveness is about us freeing ourselves and it is not about the offender.

We have to free ourselves from the weight that hold us back from the joy and peace that God gives. As long as we do not forgive the pain and the hurt remains. (
Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, Philippians 3:13

Forgiveness for me is also looking behind me, and recognizing that there are those behind me who is wanting to forgive me, and this makes it easier for me to let go, knowing others had to let go of me. Remember we all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. (for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God Romans 3:23)

Some of the things that can weigh us done are: our rights, resentment; bitterness, hurt, pain and anger. Today more than ever we need to be bearing the fruit of the spirit: joy, peace etc, we need to enjoy the abundant life that Christ's gives.

Today let us choose to let go of the hurt, the pain, the anxiety and depression and anger that weigh us down so our relationship with the heavenly father can be restored.

Let go and let God.
 
May I pray with you?

Lord give us hearts that will forgive those who hurt us so we can enjoy the joy and peace that you give, in Jesus Name I pray.

~~~ Winsome ~~~~


No comments: