Translate

Monday, August 22, 2011

MOVING FORWARD IN FREEDOM

Today I happened to be in a discussion about a song by Ricardo Sanchez, 'Moving Forward" and my mind started to think about other discussions I also had about acceptance. I thought about it and think I should share my thoughts just to encourage someone.


You may have been a Christian all your life, just a baby in Christ,  or wanting to become a Christian, but have a past that if revealed you think you would be rejected by all living creature; I have good new for you.


Your past is behind you
God only looks at your heart, When David was to be chosen as King, Samuel was looking at physical appearance and God had to remind him of what, He God was looking at, (But God told Samuel, "Looks aren't everything. Don't be impressed with his looks and stature. ...........................God judges persons differently than humans do. Men and women look at the face; God looks into the heart your past are all behind never to be remembered anymore.  1 Samuel 16:7 - The Message).


Your past is not remembered
God is so loving that unlike us, when we forgive the memories of the wrong keeps coming back,  when God forgives us He remembers our sins no more. Hebrews 8:12 tells us For I will be merciful regarding their wrong deeds, and I will never again remember their sins (ISV).


God is faithful
There is freedom in Christ, when you make Him your Lord and Saviour you are made new in your spirit man, (Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation.[a] The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. 2 Corinthians 5:17). No matter what your past has been God is faithful and just to forgive us (If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9)


Prayer: I pray that God will grant you the wisdom to leave the past behind and move forward in your victory. Amen










No comments: