Translate

Saturday, April 23, 2011

PERSEVERANCE to PURPOSE

Jesus is the best example of one persevering to his purpose. Jesus Christ came into the World primarily to bring about restoration of mankind back to a Holy God. He faced may difficulties on the journey: He had no home of his own, he faced tiredness, he was followed by many because of what he could do for them, but was subsequently rejected and abandoned by even those closest to him, his best friends. At crucifixion they all scattered; he ate with them, shared his deep thoughts with them, kept them close to his side, yet when he was in difficulty, accused, beaten and sentenced they stood afar off, Peter even denied knowing him.

Have you been rejected by those close to your, keep going in the strength of the Lord, cry out to God for strength. God's prophets and great men of the bible were also rejected. This is what the the Psalmist said ... Even my best friend, the one I trusted completely, the one who shared my food, has turned against me.  (Psalm 41:9 NLT)

Jesus did much good, yet they plotted against him, yet he persevered to his purpose; death and resurrection,  knowing the Father would be glorified and He would have accomplished all He came to earth for. Are you feeling all alone on your journey to purpose, so did Jesus. ........ On the cross he cried "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" Mark 15:34b. Jesus was victorious on Resurrection morning. Your Resurrection day is approaching, victory is ahead and your purpose is about to be unfold if you just persevere.
I am also reminding myself that my Resurrection is just 3 days away. PERSEVERE MY FRIENDS.

May I pray with you?

Father thank you that your presence is with us as we walk the journey to our Purpose. Though difficult it may seem we are reminded that you are always with us. Help us to keep our focus on the purpose you have prepared for us before we were even born. Thank you for doing so. Amen

No comments: