Translate

Monday, February 21, 2011

SAYING IT LIKE IT IS

Are you afraid to express your self to God? Have you been wanting to say exactly how you feel to Him, but feel afraid? Be afraid no more. He will listen to you, He is your father. He is so willing to listen to your heart, whether you are angry, pained, happy or sad; pour it all on Him. Don't believe me? Job had issues, he was hurting he was distraught and this is what He said in Job 13:3 But I desire to speak to the Almighty and to argue my case with God. He was willing to argue his case. Do you have a case, argue it with God. He will not gossip about it, He will listen because He is compassionate. As a matter of fact He knows how you feel and knows every word before it is formed on your tongue. Still not convinced?

Job was not only wanting to talk to God but He was willing to listen and understand what was being said to him. Job 23:5 Then I would listen to his reply and understand what he says to me.  Just like Job be willing also to listen and understand as God speaks to you. Be willing to be obedient to what God says and you will overcome in your situation.

In 'Disappointment with God'  Philip Yancey said
  • "One bold message in  the book of Job is that you can say anything to God. Throw at Him your grief, your anger, your doubt, your bitterness, your betrayal, your disappointment - He can absorb them all. As often as not, spiritual giants of the Bible are shown contending with God. They prefer to go away limping, like Jacob, rather than to shut God out."
Still afraid? Be afraid no more God is our Father and He is willing to listen to our hearts and respond. All we need to do is to be obedient.


3 comments:

Janet said...

D.- I LOVE this plea to be honest to our loving Father. He already knows our hearts and in the past I was hesitant to share my disappointment or fears thinking that I shouldn't feel that way, but He does want us to have the trust in Him to share.
I just read in Mark, where there was a man who had a son that was possessed by a spirit and the man said, "I believe, but help me with my unbelief".
I want to be THAT honest with God.
blessings friend!

Melanie Jill Owens said...

Wonderful....♥ and Amen!!!

Soaring higher said...

Janet we might as well be honest because He already knows what is up with us. I was once like you because of how I was socialized. God's has been so good to open our eyes.