Translate

Sunday, February 27, 2011

HEART THAT FORGIVES

Yesterday I was listening to a song that spoke so deeply to me that I have no choice but to share. I have been writing about God's goodness, grace, love, mercy; the power of prayer etc etc, but never this area. The song spoke about forgiveness and later on in the evening I was in a bible study discussing the same topic "prayer and FORGIVENESS".

Just for you to understand why the song meant so much to me I am going to give you a cursory glance of me: I don't know about you but I have found myself  been hurt and hurt real badly, and after many strugglings between "my Daddy" God and I; I purposed in my heart that this is it I have forgiven. I am moving on not going back to the rehearsal room. But the enemy would not be pleased and he would come when I am at my best to invite me for rehearsal, and sometimes I would  literally say to him "I am not going down that road, I have forgiven", but there were times when I would not realized that I am at rehearsal until I had said all my lines.

Now back to the song which I am going to share with you, the song spoke about a heart that forgives and the singer was expressing himself so deeply to God about his heart and what he wants it to be like, I was in tears before God talking to Him about my heart and my forgiveness journey.

If you have been struggling with forgiveness issues I want you to listen to this song I am linking from YouTube and get bare with God if you have to, He is such a good listener and one who never remembers our sins. He helped  me yesterday to deal with the hidden spots on my heart, let him help you too. I know that was a breakthrough moment for me. Let it be for you too. KEVIN LAVER - HEART THAT FORGIVES.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3VT2bMpoYY

Lord I pray that you will the strong tower to my friends during this moment of reflection as you have been to me. Amen

3 comments:

Janet said...

WOW- was that BEAUTIFUL!!!
Thank you for sharing this with us/me- what a great reminder and that I'm not always able to forgive in my own strength, but I need the LORD'S strength to help me do this...and that the "rehearsals" will keep coming, but we've got to perform at our best always!

GREAT post!
Blessings to you today!

Soaring higher said...

Abundant blessings to you my friend. I have to remind myself every day that "God is a safe place to hide, ready to help when we need him." Psalm 46:1 (MSG)

Lemon said...

I absolutely love that song "A Heart That Forgives" because I have had to work on it each day. Thank you for your posts and the great work you are doing.