Translate

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

BEARING FRUIT

Colossians 1:10 Then the way you live will always honor and please the Lord, and your lives will produce every kind of good fruit. All the while, you will grow as you learn to know God better and better (NLT)

Approximately four months ago I planted some cucumber and beetroot in my backyard garden. I watered, fertilized (organically of course) and watched them grow. The cucumbers vines grew and I made trellis for the vines to grow upright.  As the vines blossomed I would watch the bees each day as they pollinated the blossoms. I looked with great eagerness to see the fruits peeping out of my plants. As time passes the beetroots began to also bear and  was surprised when I saw the fruits above the ground as this was the first time I have seen beet root growing. I must point out that there were times when I had to research for homemade pesticide as the pests wanted to destroy my cucumbers. There were also days when I would pray Lord bless the fruit of my hands.

Two days ago I reaped three cucumbers from the vines, (and there are still a few young fruits holding on for maturity) and I was drawn to the fact that just as I watched these plants flourished it is the same way my Father (God) would watch me grow and would at times uses his 'homemade pesticides' (His faithfulness and corrections) to dispel all my fears and anxieties and make me stronger in Him. I can just imagine how elated He is when He sees me bearing good fruits and growing in the  knowledge (as I research) of His word.

My friends let us strive to bear all kind of good fruits and know Him better and better. Do not be afraid of our Lord's 'homemade pesticide'  as He prepares us for good works.

Let us pray: Lord help me to live a life that is pleasing to you, one that will bear good fruits as I avail myself to your wisdom and revelation which will help me to know you better and better. Amen

No comments: