Translate

Monday, February 15, 2010

ENCOURAGE ONE ANOTHER

Ephesians 5:19 (New International Version)


19: Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord,

Yesterday I blogged about the Mighty Counsellor and this was posted on my facebook page. Little did I know that the Holy Spirit would lead someone to encourage me along the journey.
 
This morning I got a response from a fellow Life Purpose Coach in South Africa who encouraged me with -
 
 Prov 3:5 (MES) - Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God's voice in everthing you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track.
 
This was a blessing........I decided to take a deeper look at this verse. I chose the King James version as this was on the tip of my tongue
5 -Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. (KJV)
 
I grab the dictionary and looked up some words from the verse -
  1. TRUST:  Confidence in the truth of anything........ I looked at CONFIDENT - having full belief , assured bold
  2. ALL: All really means all to me. not 99.99% but all
  3. HEART: - Vital organ, the place of courage
I intepret this to mean that there is no place for self; self has to be totally removed. We can only do this by God's grace which is freely given.

I was also reminded that anything we ask in Jesus' name He is willing to give, and he also promises to give us a bold spirit.

Therfore if we would be confident in God (who is truth) and do so with ALL our Hearts He will direct our paths.

PRAYER: Father give us wisdom and boldness to trust you with all our hearts to know that you are in charge, and keeping us on track. Lord we let go all to You, in Jesus Name.

REFLECTIONS:
  • What does it mean for us to trust?
  • What will God do for us if we trust with all our hearts?
WINSOME - Trusting by God's grace. Will you do it too?

1 comment:

Lemon said...

What a powerful thought. Yes, only when we remove self are we able to really allow God to get the glory for what He has done. Thank you for these beautiful times of reflection.