Translate

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

GIVING THANKS INSPITE OF

After all that has been happening in Haiti after the earthquake, I have paused to think. I thought about how there is food on my table, water in my taps, doctors in the hospitals in my country, adequate pain killers in the pharmacies, electricity in our surgery rooms, and the list goes on.......

Inspite of all we may be going through there is so much to give thanks for. Let us have grateful hearts. Our problems and situations are like nothing to what our brothers and sisters are going through. In writing this the following song came to mind.

Give thanks with a grateful heart,
Give thanks to the Holy One,
Give thanks because He's given
Jesus Christ His Son.

And now let the weak say "I am strong."          
Let the poor say "I am rich."
Because of what the Lord has done for us
Give thanks.

Psalm 100:4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. (NIV)

No comments: