Translate

Friday, June 29, 2012

DEEPER........ ALL OF MY HEART

There have been time and time again I have felt like my worship is not what it should be. I read my Bible and pray but still have this dryness in my spiritual life. Lying in my bed early this morning between sleep and wake and thinking about seeking after God in a deeper way and I clearly heard a verse we sometimes fail to read after we revel in two verses above.

I can recall many times in my life when I was wanting more out of life as things seem to be at a dead end and I quickly reassure myself with Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. I would also encourage others with this same verse, but this morning the Holy Spirit took me to verse 12 and 13 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.  You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. .” (NIV)  Immediately I began repeating it over and over in my mind.

The clause "Seek me with all your heart" lingered deep into my spirit and I had to go to youtube and find the song HEART OF WORSHIP and played it over and over again. God wants me to know that even though He has great plans for me I should come and pray, seek Him with my whole heart, and by extension the same goes for you. He needs more than just a song, He needs us to love Him with all our hearts, our soul, our strength and our mind (Luke 10:17). Then and only then can I/we be saturated again into a deeper walk with God.
Prayer: Lord teach us how to seek you with our whole heart so we can find you and our hearts again be saturated with deep worship.








4 comments:

Janet said...

I love your honesty and humilty, D. Thank you for reminding me to come to the Lord DAILY, which I don't do....to come to Him humbly, which I also don't do all the time, and to come to Him wanting to be closer. He waits patiently for us.
Thank you!
Love & blessings to you!

Soaring higher said...

God's abundant blessings be yours too, Janet

Eileen Ben said...

I just got to see your blog mother wisdom <3 !! Loving it !!

Soaring higher said...

Thanks Leeny. God's grace is on you