Translate

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

GET SET ... for PURPOSE

I recently wrote a blog post about "Purpose Journey" and I thought to myself today that I need to begin to share some tips about "Purpose Discovery". Sometimes based on our journey in life we feel purposeless; we feel like we are just wondering around like the children of Israel in the wilderness. Well I have good new for you, God did not create you without careful thoughts and plans for your life.
Jer 29:11For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. (NLT)


You may then ask why is my life like this? I am confused, each day I just routinely do what I have to over and over again. There is no satisfaction to what I do. It was Dr. Katie Brazelton who said in her book "Pathway to Purpose for Women"  ..."we each have purposes to fulfill, many of which are linked to our relationships, passions, talents, experiences, dreams,hopes and longing..................is possible when you catch God's vision for your life." It does not matter what place you are in life there is purpose. If you are a mother, then you have been given the purpose of naturing God's wonderful creation, your children. Whatever you do begin to seek God about the purpose.

Discovering your purpose is not an overnight thing, it is something you will have to prayerfully put before God for clarity  and carefully listen to what He is saying, whether through His words or through godly counsel. It may be like you are running a marathon and have to persevere the long distance, or it may be like a 100m dash because the winning tape is already in sight and you just need to dash for it. keep working toward the finishing line of  discovering and walking in your purpose. Yesterday is gone and will never come back.  No matter how confused or messed up you may be let me encourage you with Philippians 3:12b.........But I keep working toward that day when I will finally be all that Christ Jesus saved me for and wants me to be.

Get into the starting blocks

2 comments:

Janet said...

D-
you do not know how I needed to hear this right now! I feel encouraged to trust the Lord. I feel assured, that I am doing what I need to be doing right now, and I feel blessed that God used you this day to speak HIS truth.
blessings-
Janete

Jody-Ann said...

Amen. All that He saved us for... INCOMPREHENSIBLE, but looking forward to what our God Almighty has in store... and it's sooner than we could ever imagine.