Translate

Friday, January 14, 2011

THINNER PLACES

Over the last couple of days I  felt like I was Peter trying to walk on water but taking my eyes off Jesus and almost sank.

Just like Peter I have been with Jesus all this while, but then came my thin place of fear and I started to lose focus. Taking my eyes off Jesus and looking at the circumstances. All day I kept rehearsing the pity party.

During the day someone I knew stopped by to get some plants from me, and immediately the Holy Spirit brought me to my senses. This person has a much thinner place

When the person left I began to see my thin place differently.  The Holy Spirit reminded me that I have so much to give God thanks for. Slowly my outlook began to change. For the rest of the evening I began to see that I needed to let go and to trust God who is my source as Proverbs 3:5 encourages. (Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding)

If you have found yourself in a thin place remember two things; one there is always someone with a thinner place, and two Jesus is there waiting to hold your hand as you go through.

1 John 4:4...........Greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world

No comments: