Translate

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

HIGH PRAISES OPEN PRISON DOORS

Giving praises and worship to our God is one way we can minster to Him. The psalmist knew and could testify about the goodness of the almighty God. Let us set aside the distractions and begin to minster unto Him today. David blessed the Lord with all that was in him; he honoured the name of the Lord. Psalm 103:1 Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. If we give careful thought to the yesterdays we have gone through and we are still here today, it must be because of the protection, provision, grace and mercy of God. Don't know about you my friend but I have been there and God has been good. Forget not God's goodness. Psalm 103: 2. Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:

If I look at the many times I fall prey to the schemes of the enemy and sin against God I have all right to praise Him as he continues to forgive me. Have you ever been sick and God sends his word and heals your illness. Give him some high praises. Psalm 103:3. Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;

Many times in my life  Satan would have like to rob me of my God given purpose but God raised up a standard against him. My God continues to show me his great love and mercies each day inspite of what it looks like. It is not what it seem, it is all about what God is up to in our lives. Tomorrow is a better day. The storm is only for a while. Psalm 103:4. Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies; 5. Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.

Remember Paul and Silas in jail, they were in chains but they chose to lift up high praises to God. I just image how they ministered with all the strength they had. They did not bow down and weep but  they sang and praised their God, and the prison was shaken, and not only were they freed but salvation came to the house of the jailer. From my understanding only the prison was shaken. The place where God was minsitered to.

I pray that God will raise up high praises in us today as we seek to minister to Him; as we anticipate strongholds been broken; and salvation to even our enemies.




2 comments:

Karen Duane Wisdom said...

This is excellent, Winsome! Thank you. May I share this?

Soaring higher said...

Karen you may share anything I post. We are here to encourage and build-up the body of Christ. Bless you my sister