Translate

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Hearing God in the middle of the Noise

Jeremiah 29:13 13 And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.

Have you ever been in a place where the “noise” is so overwhelming that you find it hard to hear above the different “noises”? Well I found out for more than a week that it is possible to hear God no matter what is going on.

I was in a place where all seems fine, the gathering was a place of vacation, the scenes of God’s creation was magnificent, the sea, the food, the laughter,and the relationships and the people were good, but in the middle of that a God was speaking to me above all what was going on.

I found myself intermittently reading and completing a book by Jerame Nelson. Even in the middle of what was happening my thoughts were in a different place. Asking God questions about me, and what He wants from me? How do I stay in His presence? How to stay in His nearness? How to understand clearly when He speaks? I must hasten to say it was not easy.

At times I could feel that the tests were coming at me. It think the enemy was quite aware of what was going on and my pursuit of God. At times my sensitivity got to me. For sometime I have been deliberate in choosing not to be offended. Well that fell apart a few minutes before the beginning of the new year, in the part of the world I live in. I had to push 
through and fight my way through.

God is always intentional. He never stops pursuing those He loves. The devotional I read this morning used Jeremiah 29:13 and being in His presence. The song of worship was Not in a hurry -United Pursuit. 

As read the devotional, also amidst the “noise” I could clearly hear God intentionally speaking to me. Yes you can, I can, we all can hear the voice of the Holy Spirit in the middle of our challenges, and the distractions around us. We will find Him if we seek Him with our whole heart.

~Winsome~ (C)

No comments: