Translate

Saturday, January 1, 2011

THE YEAR OF THE LORD'S FAVOR

We have entered a new year, some of us with expectations, others may be apprehensive. There are those of us who believe in making resolutions, whether we keep them or not, and some are like me, I do not make resolutions, but I do have dreams and hopes which I pray about, and plan to achieve during the year.

For the last two days of 2010 the Holy Spirit kept nudging me to read Isaiah 61, but I kept putting it off until this morning. I read it several times asking the Lord to show me why I needed to read this particular chapter. In my bible the caption is "The Year of the Lord's Favor". THAT's  It.

I want to be bold and declare this year for you and I as "The Year of the Lord's Favor". 

DECLARATION: (see Isaiah 61 and Isaiah 62:5b)

I declare that the sovereign Lord is upon you to bring healing and comfort to those who are in need. He will give you and those you minister to, beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. You will be called the oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor.
I continue to declare that you will be called the priest of the Lord, and you will be named ministers of our God. Instead of shame you will receive a double portion and instead of disgrace you will rejoice in your inheritance, and you will inherit a double portion. God will clothe you with garments of salvation and array you in a robe of righteousness.
I declare that God will rejoice over you and the joy of the Lord will be your strength.

I pray you continue to declare this for yourselves as I do for myself.

1 comment:

Dacia Brown-Davis said...

AMEN!! "The favour of God is worth more than money." (Dwight Fletcher)