Translate

Thursday, January 6, 2011

FAVOUR OF GOD

Today as I read Luke 1 about Zechariah, Elizabeth, Mary and the angel Gabriel I was again enlightned about God’s favour. God has made us many promises and at times we wonder when these will come to pass. Luke clearly showed us that these will only materialized at their proper time (see Luke 1:19). Zechariah lost his speech because he did not believe, and the angel told him he would remain like this until God’s promise of a son was fulfilled. The birth of John was definitely a favour of God.


Zechariah’s wife, Elizabeth was a woman who walked in shame because she was childless. I can just imagine that she would stay home most of the time, away from the people of her community because of her bareness. Are you facing shame because of some unfortunate situation in your life? Be encouraged God has promised that He will remove your shame. (Isaiah 61:7 says: Instead of their shame my people will receive a double portion, and instead of disgrace they will rejoice in their inheritance; and so they will inherit a double portion in their land, and everlasting joy will be theirs.

Your situation may not be shame but you may be going through loneliness, affliction or distress, know that as long as you trust God He will reward you with everlasting joy at the proper time, as He did for Zechariah and Elizabeth.

When Elizabeth became pregnant declared: "The Lord has done this for me," she said. "In these days he has shown his favor and taken away my disgrace among the people."(Luke 1:25). What the Lord has done for Elizabeth He will do for you and I. Elizabeth waited a long time, until she was old but the favour of God was hers.

Know that I have prayed Psalm 25 just for you, may you also make this Psalm one of your prayer.This Psalm was my prayer many days when I had to go through.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for those words because of my situation i felt that i was walking in shame, "the Lord has taken away my shame".

Soaring higher said...

Amen...........This is a new day, new beginning. God is your glory and the lifter of your head.

Carol J. Smith said...

Carol J. Smith Amen...in His time according to His will...You are His highly favored daughter Winsome. Be blessed, pray and prepare and be ready!